[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village near Piatrokov, Poland

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 25 15:39:20 PDT 2003

At 10:51 AM 25/08/2003 -1000, William Remus wrote:
>Our Hoffmann family history says that our family was farming
>near Piatrokov,  Poland prior to migrating to Volhynia in 1833. The
>Volhynia death records for my  gggrandfather Samual Hoffmann lists his
>birth place as in the following scan
>http://www.cba.hawaii.edu/REMUS/genes/volhynia/shoffmanbp.jpg
>which gives the village as (I think) as Stanislowow Stadsol ...  The
>closest name I  find is Stanislowow Studienski near Rawa which is
>actually fairly far from  Piatrokov and obviously is spelled differently
>that the death record.

Looks to me like Stanislawow Stadrolonek but unfortunately that is not
really of help to you since I cannot find that place either.

It might help to see more of the scan so that handwriting of the different
letters could be compared.  Regardless of what it ends up being, there does
not appear to be any suffixed Stanislawow in Poland that comes even close
to whatever the letter combinations are.

Your Rawa location could be a fit, depending on what is meant in your
family history by "near".  Certainly, places up towards Rawa are in
Piotrkow province so if being in that region is what is meant by "near",
then it could fit.

The problem is that there are several Stanislawow in the Piotrkow
province..  One is at about 20/01 and 51/05 and low and behold there is
Studzieniec just a few km to the NE.  Then there is another at about 19/54
and 51/29 and there, just a km NE is Studzianki.  And you already found
Stanislawow Studzinski at about 22/04 and 51/41, with another Studzianki a
couple of km to the SE.

Finally, I don't see any St-d . . .    (substitute any vowel after the t)
or St-b......   places in Poland that could possibly be a match.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca