[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re:Wilhelmswald,Kreis Cholm, Volhynia

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 11:01:21 PST 2003

Kol. Zawadowka is listed in the Lublin Church data  as being affliated with the Kamien parish (near Chelm) and it was in the Chelm powiat. Unfortunately nothing was given concerning the number of Germans who lived there. This data was compiled in 1926.

Jerry Frank <jkfrank at shaw.ca> wrote:
This is an interesting little puzzle. One can find Zawadowka just a couple
of km SW of Chelm. I have no indication that an alternate name is
Wilhelmswalde, nor, as Paul has pointed out, is there any such record in
the Chelm parish data.

There are numerous Zawadowka in Ukraine but none near Michalutschka.

My guess is that all these places fit into that Arndt family migration but
there is confusion about exactly where they are located and how they fit
into the time line.

At 04:14 PM 04/12/2003 +0100, Margrit Weigel wrote:
>Thank you for your replies. I forgot to mention that it was called
>"Wilhelmswald-Sawadowka". Perhaps there is another trace. - I already
>told Irene and Gerhard that I again looked on the Volhynian map and found
>out that Michalutschka (the place where the son Rudolf was born) lies
>close to the "Oblast Chmelnikij". Could it perhaps be that it was only a
>transfer error with Chelm and Chmel?

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca