[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wilhelmswald,Kreis Cholm, Volynia

Margrit Weigel margrit_weigel at web.de
Fri Dec 5 07:53:49 PST 2003

Dear listmembers,

at first I will say    thank you   to everybody who shared his knowledge
with me. Now I am rather sure that it's this Zawadowka close to Chelm. -
Gerhard recommended to tell the sources and the  relevant dates to those
locations :

  1878 birth of Adolf Arndt in Wilhelmswald-Zawadowka, Kreis Chelm -

  1901 birth of his son Rudolf Arndt in Michalutschka/ Volhynia

I have the information from Rudolf's son Heinrich. He further knew that
the family was deported to Siberia in 1915 and escaped from there in 1917
to East Prussia.

As Al Muth recommended, I visited the ILOW pages and found the
confirmation of an Anna Dorothea Arndt of Wilhelmswald in 1812. But it
was Wilhelmswald-Borowo which is situated east of Lodz. Because there
the! name is first German, then Polish, I assume that perhaps
Wilhelmswald-Zawadowa is just one and the same place, for nowadays you
can find Borowo and Zawadowka, but no Wilhelmswald. Perhaps there was
atime where both terms were used. ... So many "Perhaps", but I am sure
that someday some one of us will find out!

Thanks again

Margrit Weigel