[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Town names...

Jan Textor textor at oncable.dk
Sun Dec 7 02:40:12 PST 2003

Lonnie, you wrote:

> Could someone please give me an idea of where these town could be
> found in
> Germany.
>
> Rosmin.....Pempersine....Grensdorf.
>
> Thank you for your help in advance....
>
> Lonnie Scallen

These towns were situated in Prussia, later Germany, from 1772 until the end
of WWI. They can now be found in Poland at the following coordinates (with
the Polish name in brackets):

Pempersin (Pe~perzyn)  = 53.18' N  17.33' E, about 36 km NW of Bromberg
(Bydgoszcz)
Rosmin (Ros~cimin) .... = 53.17' N  17.30' E, about 38 km WNW of Bromberg
(Bydgoszcz)
Grenzdorf (Gliszcz) ...... = 53.14' N  17.37' E, about 24 km NW of Bromberg
(Bydgoszcz)

I don't know what surnames you are interested in, but perhaps you will be
able to find some of them at this address:
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=textor2

Hope this helps.
Jan Textor, Denmark