[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Immigrant from Volhynia to the US (1892)

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 9 15:30:27 PST 2003

Don:

If you do a "Title" search for ' Jahrhundert-Auswanderung aus dem
Regierungsbezirk Mindenin ' in the LDS Library Catalog you will find that
the book "Westfaelische Auswanderer im 19.  Jahrhundert-Auswanderung aus
dem Regierungsbezirk Minden...." is also in the Salt Lake Library; but not
micofilmed.

Since you have a page and reference you can write to the S.L.Library or use
a form from your local Family History Center to order a copy of this page.
I believe the cost is about $5.00

Rose Ingram

From: "Donald Larson"
: List Manager:
:
: I recently discovered a reference that may shed light on the emmigration
of some of my ancestors
: from Volhynia to the Benton Harbor/St. Joseph area of Berrien County,
Michigan.
:
: My family history sources indicate that Gottlieb Benke and his wife and
daughters along with the
: wife's in-laws emigrated in 1892 with a large group of other Germans from
Volhynia.  No one in the
: family has been able to identify embarkation or arrival ports, the
specific dates of travel or the
: ship used.
:
: A few days ago, I found the following reference in the Ancestry.com
Immigration records, but have
: no idea how I should go about locating that reference and getting the
specific page in question
: copied and translated from German to English.
:
: Immigrant Name: Henriette Wilhelmine Karoline Hafer
: Year: 1892
: Place: North America
: Source Publication Code: 5860
: Primary Immigrant: Hafer, Henriette Wilhelmine Karoline
: Source Bibliography: MUELLER, FRIEDRICH. "Westfaelische Auswanderer im
19.
: Jahrhundert-Auswanderung aus dem Regierungsbezirk Minden, Part 1:
1816-1900 (Erlaubte
: Auswanderung)." In Beitraege zur westfaelischen Familienforschung, vols.
38/39 (1980-1981), pp.
: 3-711.
: Page: 522
:
: I believe that this person may be my Great-Great Grandmother.
: