[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Immigrant from Volhynia to the US (1892)

Nelson colnels at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 10 16:11:31 PST 2003

There is a Gottlieb Benke on the Ellis Islands Records who arrived on
September 22, 1892 at age 65 on the Ship Normannia from Hamburg, Germany. It
shows ethnicity as USA(which may be wrong) has no married status shown but I
cannot locate him on the original ship manifest.
The year of arrival is correct, what about the age?
This may not be your Benke. If the ship manifest could be found it could
verify or prove it is not him.
Nelson