[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Zerbin from Kolodesh and Kriese from Lutsk

Alice Gavin dnagavin at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 11 20:11:47 PST 2003

Hello;

I have just begun geneaological to research on my father's side.  As far as
I have been able to glean from the scant bit of information I have, my
grandfather Edward Zerbin was born in Lublin, Poland in 1882.  His father
Julius Zerbin was supposedly born in the colony of Kolodesh, Dubno,
Volhynia.  His grandfather August Zerbin was supposedly born in Eastern
Prussia, Allenstein and settled in Volhynia.  My grandmother, Johanna Kriese
told me she was born in Lutsk, Volhynia in 1903 and her mother, Augusta and
father, Christof Kriese were both born in Volhynia as well .  My grandmother
also told me her great great grandfather's name was Eric Kirschbaum and he
was born in Germany.  I have done quite a few searches on several databases
that are Volhynia specific and have found nothing definite and specific on
either family as to confirmation of birthplace and birth dates.  My father,
grandfather, and grandmother have all passed away leaving no papers which
might help in my search except for one letter where I got the information on
where my grandfather's father and grandfather were born.  Could anybody give
me some help or direct me to where I could get more information?  It would
be greatly appreciated.   Alice Gavin (Zerbin)