[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Housekeeping - Full Mailboxes

Jerry Frank GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
Mon Dec 22 06:53:12 PST 2003

As list administrator, the most common problem I have to deal with is
messages that bounce back to ME as the result of full mail boxes.

Each of those messages carries an error message that must be read,
assessed, and then somehow dealt with.

The problem is most prevalent with the free Hot Mail accounts which very
limited capacity for storage of messages.  It seems that some people either
forget they have these accounts or chose to ignore them.

If you cannot pick up your messages for some period of time such as going
on vacation, please put your subscription on hold.  You can do so by
following the instructions at the site where you subscribed,
http://eclipse.sggee.org/mailman/listinfo/ger-poland-volhynia

Use the same link to unsubscribe if you no longer wish to be part of the
mailing list.

If I receive the bounced messages from a full mail box for more than a
couple of days, I send one test message from another server to ensure that
the problem is not from our side of the system.  If that message bounces
back, I proceed to block that address from receiving further
messages.  This may explain why you suddenly stop receiving messages from
our mailing list.

If that happens, and if you wish to receive more messages, you will have to
resubscribe.

If you have any problems with this, please contact me personally I will try
to help out.

Thank you very much for helping in this way.

May the God of peace, love and joy grant you those very things as you
gather with family and friends to celebrate this special Christmas season
and may the New Year bring you many genealogical successes.

Jerry Frank - List Administrator for [Ger-Poland-Volhynia]
GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
http://www.sggee.org/listserv.html