[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lipno records- LDS library

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 2 07:28:20 PST 2003

At 09:10 PM 31/01/2003 -0500, ednadill at aol.com wrote:
>My question is this: The village of Piaseczno was listed in the
>Lipno parish records, I found this village on Jerry Franks map, but it is not
>near Lipno.  It looks like Pilica would be the "closest" parish.  Are there
>more than one Piaseczno?

Uwe responded correctly to your questions.

There are at least 12 Piaseczno in all of modern Poland.  Such repetition
of place names can make research difficult unless you can associate the
village with a parish or other nearby villages as you have done.

If you read the introductory notes to my map, you will see the sources on
which it is based.  The most current source, and an ever changing one, is
people like you who continue to find additional places of residence that
previous researchers have missed.  I will add this village to a future
revision of my map.  Thank you for pointing it out.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca