[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Province name?

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Fri Feb 7 01:15:08 PST 2003

Ednadill at aol.com schrieb:

>Does anyone know the name of the province that would contain the village of
>Teodorowo and/or Lipno?  I am filing in the EZA request form.

Hello Erik,
Lipno is a district [Powiat] capital in the Kujawsko-Pomorskie
Wojewsdztwo of Poland. It came to the Prussian province of New East
Prussia [Neuostpreu_en] in 1793 (Kreis Lipno, Kriegs- und Domdnenkammer
Plozk), was part of the (Napoleonic) Grand Duchy of Warsaw since 1807,
of the (Russian) Polish Kingdom since 1815 and of the Polish Republic
since 1916. Teodorowo is a village 12 kilometers (road) southeast of
Lipno. Try the Polish online atlas www.pilot.pl and enter Teodorowo.

Guenther
of Hilden, Germany