[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Migration Patterns in Poland

Don Kronenberger sdkron at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 13:48:54 PST 2003

My earliest known ancestors are Christian KRONENBERGER, who died in 1791 in
Ilow Parish (resided in Bibiansfeld (now Bibiampol) near Sochaczew) and son
Wilhelm, who died in Plock in 1818 (death entry says he was born in
Wuerttemberg).  I have learned that a Christian KRONENBERGER, born 1741 in
Niederhausen an der Appel, Pfalz, emigrated with his family to Galicia in
1782. The book QUELLEN ZUR DEUTSCHEN SIEDLUNGENSGESCHICHTE IN SUDOST EUROPA,
by Wilhelm & Kalbrunner, lists "Kronenberger, Christian, 7 Personen, Bauer,
von Niederhausen aus dem Nassauischen am 17 Sep 1782" WK 165/58. A similar
entry appears in DAS KOLONISATIONSWERK JOSEF II IN GALIZIEN, by Ludwig
Schneider. He settled in Ranischau, near Kolbuszowa, Galicia but apparently
didn't stay long as no Kronenberger name appears in the "Ortsfamilienbuch
Ranischau."  My present objective is to see if this is my ancestor.  Would
it be likely in the 1780's that someone would head north from Galicia to
settle in the area encompassed by Ilow Parish?  Given (1) the entry of
Wuerttemberg as Wilhelm's birth place, and (2) not a perfect matchup of the
children of the two Christians, I am not yet totally convinced that it's the
same man.  I'd appreciate thoughts and comments.

Don Kronenberger