[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Czarnikau Kirche Buecher

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 11 19:36:20 PST 2003

Evert has done a fine job with his explanation.

I would venture to say that the actual content of the filmed Protestant or
Lutheran Church books would be similar to other records from late 1700's I
have seen.

A baptism date and place would be shown (sometimes a birth date is noted),
the name of the child, the parents names but Not the ages of the parents and
what village they are from.  Sometimes the godparents are mentioned too.
Marriage records may only have the name of the Groom and Bride, but not
their ages. Sometimes the parents names are mentioned.
Death records usually show the names of the parents or the spouse.
Sometimes the age at death is given.

RoseIngram

From: "Evert Moes"