[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Parish archive holdings

Ednadill at aol.com Ednadill at aol.com
Sat Feb 15 17:59:32 PST 2003

Would someone venture an opinion to my query?  I want to order some films
from the LDS to look for my ggrandmothers parents.  She lived in Wojciechowo.
 Since this village is between three parishes-Sierpc, Mlawa and Plonsk which
would make the most sense to order?  Does the theory usually tend to be of
the "shortest" distance from where the individuals lived, since traveling
wasn't easy?  Or would it make more sense to say that the number of villages
passed through made it easier to "pass the time" while they traveled.  My
point being this, from Wojciechowo to Sierpc seems to be the shortest
distance but with relatively few villages in between.  However Mlawa and
Plonsk are farther but have a greater number of villages to pass through.
Just a thought.  I'm trying to streamline the amount of films I order to make
the most of the time sitting at the machine.  The LDS library in my area has
only one machine and is "rented" at two hour blocks.  Two hours fly by very
fast!  Thanks for any theories you all might have.
Regards,
Erik Dill