[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Grams

Hugo Benne hbenne at freeler.nl
Wed Feb 19 06:45:23 PST 2003

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this list and the reason for subscribing is because I'm doing
research on my biological grandfather Daniel Grams, who was born at december
20th 1909 in a village called Sadombrowa (spelling variants: Zadombrow(a),
Zadabrowa) which is located in Volhynia, Ukraone. Our family always thought
that he was born in Kaliningrad (and that's about all we knew about him untill
this week), so it was quit a surprise when I received a letter last week from
the Deutsche Dienststelle (he was a soldier during WOII) which stated that his
place of birth was a (for me) totally unknown village. Fortunatelly, Jerry
Frank (moderator / list-owner?) helped me out and now I know it's exact
location.

My theory about him now is that his parents / ancestors are a German-Polish
settler-family that came originally from Kvnigsberg / Kaliningrad and moved
during the end of the 19th century in eastern direction where they stayed near
or in Sadombrowa where my grandfather was born. Asking you all, experts on
this subject, is this a theory that sounds reasonable? Any other ideas or
theories?

After surfing and browsing some resources on the subject, I've noticed that
there are a lot of 'Grams' in this area, so that makes it more difficult to do
some genealogy research on him and his family. Any suggestions where I should
start? Any other information on the Grams-family in this part of Volhynia?

Any info is welcome!

Kindly regards,

Hugo