[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kappeln near Graetz in Posen

Jan Textor textor at oncable.dk
Thu Feb 20 08:14:45 PST 2003

Karl,
I'm almost sure that there is/was no "Kappeln" near Graetz (Grodzisk
Wielkopolski), except perhaps during WWII. A lot of locations were renamed
during the war if they sounded too Polish, and these wartime German names
are very hard to find now. However, there is a village on the southwestern
outskirts of Grodzisk Wlkp that is called Kobylniki. Perhaps this village
was renamed Kappeln? It certainly comes close in sound. Just a thought.

Hope this helps.
Jan Textor, Denmark