[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Questions about Polish and Russian Research

Dolly Hauf molly at itexas.net
Fri Feb 21 17:07:20 PST 2003

I posted a message earlier about Bieniew Lubin, as this is the pace listed as
birth place of my father in law.
One brother is listed as living in Chom, Russia, and one brother living in
Glowick, Russia. Does someone know if these places are in the same area, and
do they have the same names as before, and am I on the right list? These names
are from mid 1800's. When I was researching about a year ago, for info to try
and find my father in law and his wife (married in Wischenen, Germany) A nice
lady sent me this reply, (below)  but I really don't know what it means. Are
these addresses to write to? I don't understand the ~,oo,+ , =, etc. or how to
write out the address if thats what it is. Have not done research inGermany or
Poland before and could really use some help. Thanks !
Dolly Hauf

Bieniew, Gem. Ilow, ev. Church = Wyszogrod, KB in Poland:
~, oo, + 1826-1895 in: Archiwum Panstwowe w Plocku
                       ul. Wieczorka 11
                       PL 09-400 PLOCK

Wischehnen, Kreis Fischhausen/Ostpreu_en; heute Ru_land, ev. K. + Standesamt =
Medenau. KB vorhanden ~, oo, + 1676-1875 in Leipzig:

Sdchsisches Staatsarchiv Leipzig
Abt. Deutsche Zentralstelle f|r Genealogie
Schongauer Str. 1
D-04329 Leipzig