[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] SOMMERFELD, Marriage in Shitomyr

Irene Kopetzke kopetzke at uni.de
Sat Feb 22 14:17:58 PST 2003

Reinholdt <reinholdt at onlinehome.de> wrote:

> First I heard in the family that Johann SOMMERFELD originally
> came from Kvnigsberg. Then someone of my family ask me
> whether there is any connection between our family an Prof.
> Arnold Johannes Wilhelm SOMMERFELD (* 05.12.1868 Kvnigsberg/
> East Prussia).

Anke, I have no idea on how your family might have been related
to Prof. Sommerfeld from Koenigsberg / East Prussia.

Having that reference to Koenigsbergs you should keep in mind,
though, that there were at least five Koenigsberg in Prussia
including the one in the Neumark region, located in the former
province of Brandenburg. Its current name is Chojna (in Woj.
Szczecinkie).

If you want to do some research on this you will find more info
at http://www.genealogienetz.de/reg/BRG/neumark/mct_home.htm.

Irene Kopetzke
kopetzke at uni.de