[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Help with village name

Robin Deems rdeems at san.rr.com
Sat Feb 22 17:11:02 PST 2003

Hi all.  I need some expert help!  I have a death record of my G+ grandfather,
Andreas Bauch, born 1772, died 1847 in Tarutino, Bessarabia.

As near as I can tell, the "born in" section says:

"im Koenig nich Polen im Dorfen Slawatka"

I have tried everything I know to find a village Slawatka, but nothing seems
to fit.  In an old church Family Book, one of his sons is listed as being born
in Raddkusch.  Yet another says Lentschuetz.  I believe they emigrated from
Germany to Poland, and may have moved a few times before they landed in
Bessarabia in 1815.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  I am sending this to two e-lists,
so if you get two emails, I apologize!

Thanks,
Robin Deems
San Diego, CA