[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German town name?

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Sun Feb 23 13:30:54 PST 2003

Ednadill at aol.com schrieb:

>    Has anyone heard of a Malldorf, Germany or a variation therof?  I just
>received a death certificate with this town listed as the birthplace of my
>gggrandmother Juliana Beier.

Hello Erik,
there was a village Malsdorf, Oppeln district, Schlesien province. In
the old German handwriting s looked similar to l.
There is another small town Meldorf, Dithmarschen district,
Schleswig-Hostein, Germany, but Maldorf sounds more likely. A third one
is not in Germany but was settled by Germans: Maldorf was a German
village in Siebenbuergen, former Hungaria, present Romania.

Guenther
of Hilden, Germany