[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Questions

Dolly Hauf molly at itexas.net
Sun Feb 23 15:00:53 PST 2003

I see that I made a mistake on one of the names in Russia, on a former post.
It should be Cholm, not Chom. I have been looking on the net at maps today,
and don't know too much about the distance from one place to another. I have
found at one site Cholm (Kholm) is at Lat. 571500 and Long. 311833 and says it
is 262 m. wnw of Moscow. Don't know if this is the same one, but I have found
a map of Russia, Polish Provinces from 1902 on the net, and I see a Kholm down
near Lublin. I also see a Lubien (I was looking for Bieniew, Lubin) up farther
sw of Plock. Are they fairly close, and where would I search for more info?

 The other place I was looking for was Wischehnen. I don't see it but the full
name of place I am looking for is Wischehnenn Kreis Samland, E. Prussia. On a
different map of East Prussia in 1920, I see Fischhsn (Hard to read). Over
this whole area is printed  Samland. The info that I had posted mentions
Fischhausen also. This is in the Konigsberg area.

Any more  ideas on searching any of the three places? Or does anyone know the
best films that I should try to get at LDS?

Dolly Hauf