[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volhynian vanished villages ?!?

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Mon Feb 24 02:02:59 PST 2003

 Hugo Benne schrieb:

  Last week I asked a question about the village of Sadombrowa / Zadombrowa.
  Because I want to know more about this particular village I ordered a map of
  Volhynia from a specialized map-shop nearby. This map (scale 1:200.000,
  cyrilic script) does not show the village at all and neither are the
  neighbouring villages  Olszanow / Olschanow and Dombrowa / Dabrova. This is
  probably a newbie question so allow me to ask it: what happen to those
  villages?

  And another question: in which place the archives can be find of Zadombrowa,
  Olszanow and Dombrova?

Hello Hugo,
The German journal "Wolhynische Hefte" has an essay by Reinhold Lach,
"Kolonien Dombrowa, Olszanow, Zadombrowa, Zaostrow Kreis Luzk - PlC$ne,
Einwohnerlisten" [The Colonies of Dombrowa, Olszanow, Zadombrowa,
Zaostrow, Lutsk district - maps, lists of inhabitants], Nr. 130 at page P
4ff B of issue 6 (1990).

You can purchase the issue from

  Tatjana Stebner
  Weg am FuchsstC<ck 4
  D-97353 Wiesentheid
  phone +49 9383 1025

for something like 7.50 b, plus postage.
(vielleicht hC$tte ich besser gleich deutsch schreiben sollen)

Guenther
of Hilden, Germany