[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wischehnen (was: Questions)

Irene Kopetzke kopetzke at uni.de
Mon Feb 24 13:54:17 PST 2003

Dolly Hauf <molly at itexas.net> wrote:

> The other place I was looking for was Wischehnen. I don't see
> it but the full name of place I am looking for is Wischehnenn
> Kreis Samland, E. Prussia. On a different map of East Prussia
> in 1920, I see Fischhsn (Hard to read).

Dolly,
Jerry gave you the coordinates for Wischehnen, so here is a map:
http://www.webarchiv-server.de/pin/landkarte/karte77.htm
Fischhausen:
http://www.webarchiv-server.de/pin/landkarte/karte96.htm

There are maps for all of East Prussia on the following web site
but no index. One has to know the location of the village to
find the right map:
http://www.webarchiv-server.de/pin/landkarte/kartenseiten.htm

Irene Kopetzke
kopetzke at uni.de