[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wischenen

Dolly Hauf molly at itexas.net
Mon Feb 24 15:37:40 PST 2003

Irene, The map you sent is exactly the area I am looking for. It shows
Wischenen, where my husbands maternal ancestors should be from. I don't have
information on his mother, but it is probably like her sister's, which a
cousin has.  Born in Wischenen, Married in Medenau, and she had a son in
Kragau. All three of these places are on this little map. I know there is a
film of this area, which I looked at once. Poor quality,and I couldn't see it.
Of course I can't read German, either. These films that I see in the LDS
catalogonly seem to go to 1884. The information about the aunt, I believe came
from  "The Evangelische Gesang Buch fr Ost- und Westprussen"
Any one familiar with this book? Maybe the rest of the Lutters would be in
it.
I do not have a large map, but I am looking. As far as Longitude and Latitude,
I am sorry that I do not have the slightest idea of what to do with them, but
I will learn. This is my first attempt at foreign research, and I am really
grateful for all that have helped, and are still helping. From what I can see
on the small maps that I have looked at, Plock and Lublin (if these are places
for the paternal side) are all farther South on the map. Thanks again to
everyone !!
Dolly Hauf             molly at itexas.net