[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Need info

JSchu9014 at aol.com JSchu9014 at aol.com
Thu Jan 2 17:33:32 PST 2003

Hello Ellen,

I am afraid the news is not good on information for the time span of 1988 to
1900.  I have had a researcher looking for records in both the State Archives
and Zhitomir Archives.  My grandfather Edward Haupt was born in 1891.
Although I have his birth certificate because he had the foresight to save
it, there were no records recorded in either archive.  The researcher tells
me there are no records remaining for that time period.  (I have heard that
much of the Evangelical Lutheran Church records were probably destroyed).

The researcher did find two birth records of siblings born after 1900 in the
Zhitomir Archives.  They also searched for the Novograd Volhynski parish
records but told me they were non-existant.

I am not altogether certain the records are not there, as the archives there
are in deplorable condition and it could be that they are just stacked in a
pile somewhere and have not been looked at for the last 100 years.  It may be
that only time will give us better news.

Good Luck in your search.
Janice Schultz
Researching names:  HAUPT, MINCHO, RATHFELDER, GUNGNUS