[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kochanow / Erdmannsweiler - Russian Poland

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 3 09:03:45 PST 2003

Quite a few months ago, I posted the information that the Pixel site now
held my extraction of the indexes for Germans living at Kochanow and
registering at the Gluchow Catholic parish.

A more complete extraction of all the records, including dates, etc. has
now been done by Tom Stangl and this is posted at
http://pixel.cs.vt.edu/library/churches/link/kochanow.txt

Quite a few people from this village migrated further to both Volhynia and
the Black Sea / Bessarabia regions so it is an important village connection
to those areas.  In addition, the completeness of the records means that
you can often find the original place of residence back in one of the
German states, mostly Wuerttemberg but Baden and others as well.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca