Fw: Fw: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Southprussia

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Sun Jan 12 06:29:40 PST 2003

Immediately below is a translation of the German text of an email below that.
The translation was done by a member of SGGEE, Barbara Nieke.   Is anyone able
to help Matthias?   If so, please send your English language replies directly
to me and I'll arange translation into German.
    Replies in German can be sent directly to Hoffmann-Dobel at t-online.de

John Marsch
SGGEE

Hello,
I would like to know how I could access an index (Findbuch?) for Prussian
Documents, especially for documents from the South-Prussian Era.
To my best knowledge there is a "Findbuch" in Berlin and the documents are
located in Warschau.
Is this available in form of a book or a microfilm which I could borrow
through the LDS or the Library of Berlin?
Could I then simply look for the inventory number through a search by
colony/location?
Thank you very much for any advice.
PS: Would it be useful to visit the archive in Warschau in person?
Could I then make or order copies at the archive?
Or would it not make any difference whether I go in person or request a search
from Germany? In case it won't make a difference I would like to know more
about the procedure and costs involved in a search.

Matthias Hoffmann