[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Surname HARTFIEL, places LEDACHOW, SEEFELD (ZIFELD), TURIN

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 20 18:19:57 PST 2003

Hi Sandra.  Welcome to the list.

First I would like to point out that it appears that you got your data from
the St. Pete extractions.  There can be significant errors and we recommend
that you get copies of the originals from microfilms so that you can get
more accurate spellings.  You will especially want to do this for the
mother's surname to determine if it should be Dalch, Daleg, or something
different.

Ledachow is almost certainly Leduchow, located about 20 km east of the city
of Wladimir Wolynsk.  Since the village of Tumin is less than 2 km away, I
would suggest that Tumin is the correct spelling for Turin.

Go to http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/EART/soviet_maps.html

Click on Ukraine, then Luck, then #38.

Go down to horizontal line #38 and across to vertical line #32 where you
will see TyMNH (where the N is backwards).  That is Tumin.

Leduchow is not on the map but was located where you see the row of houses
between Tumin and the #214.3 on the trail to the east.

To date, a precise location for Seefeld / Zifeld remains unknown.  Based on
data gleaned from a number of sources, it apparently is located near
Bronislowowka, somewhere to the southeast of it.

On the same map above, swing over to the other side to intersection of
vertical #54 and horizontal #52.  That is the approximate general area
where Seefeld was located.

At 11:17 PM 20/01/2003 +0100, Sandra Hartfiel wrote:
>Hello,
>
>to introduce myself as a new member:
>I've started searching couple of months ago, my name is Sandra Hartfiel, I'm
>24 years old.
>
>What do I search:
>
>The surname HARTFIEL
>
>I know, that AUGUST HARTFIEL emigrated to Volhynia (Could be 1850-1900)
>His wife's name can be AUGUSTE DALCH or DALEG
>
>They had 4 Children
>ADOLf HARTFIEL, born 1885 in TURIN (?) - Anyone knows this place?
>EMILIE HARTFIEL, born 1883 in SEEFELD (?) - Anyone knows this place?
>KARL HARTFIEL, born in LEDACHOW (?) - Anyone knows this place?
>PAULINE HARTFIEL born 1918
>
>Can anyone help me to find the places? I couldn't find it on the maps of
>volhynia until now...

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca