[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Ger-Poland-Volhynia digest, Vol 1 #360 - 3 msgs

Carolpauly at aol.com Carolpauly at aol.com
Wed Jan 29 18:13:53 PST 2003

My grandmothers brother, who was born in Glashutte, West Prussia, and then
went to Volhynia with the family,. had to return to Germany for military
training.  He died in a training accident but I have no idea where he is
burried.  Are German military records available?

My grandfather, Frederick Weich, who was born in Bresolup,  Volhynia,had to
serve in the Russian military.  He eventually went AWOL while home on leave
and came to the US, the family following the next year.  Grandmother payed
someone to get her over the border as it had been closed.  She came with
three small children and her aged mother to New York and then all the way to
Portland, Oregon.  It never ceases to amaze me what strong people we come
from.

Carol