[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Dorofiewka

Robert Kehle rkehle at pittstate.edu
Tue Jul 1 10:13:02 PDT 2003

Friends,

I am looking for information on the village of Dorofieka. My grandfather
Friedrich Wilhelm Kehle (Kvhle) (Koehle) was born Dec. 30, 1873 in
Derophiuwka, Volhynia, as was my Uncle Reinhold (1905). They left the
area by 1906 as they boarded the SS Mount Temple out of Antwerp on 9
May, 1906 and arrived in Quebec on 22 May, 1906 with a destination of
Winnipeg. After that they somehow found there way to Tacoma, WA where my
father, Otto, was born.

Specifically I am interested in any information about the village. Does
anything still stand? Does anyone have photos? Is there a cemetery
nearby, and just basic information. I do have the location of the
village, but that is all.

Thanks for the assistance.

Bob
rkehle at pittstate.edu