[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] St. Pete Archives

Family History ancestors at telusplanet.net
Wed Jul 9 22:30:15 PDT 2003

I was doing some searching for all people with connections to Protowka using
both the SGGEE site and the Pixel site. I have found lots of births connected
to Protowka using either mechanism in the past. However, when I try to do the
equivalent search for either deaths or marriages, the results come up empty.
Even when going to the Volhynian decade marriage file in Pixel there isn't
very many parishes in which marriages took place.

I know that there was a Lutheran church in Protowka, but could it be of
insufficient status that marriages could not take place there and they had to
be in either Zhitomir or Heimtal?

Can someone explain the intricacies of the St. Pete records as to this
interesting point.

Thanks

Dwayne

http://www.geocities.com/ancestorsus/Volhynia.html