[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fwd: Russian Villages

Ursula Bachman ursula.bachman at ei.educ.ab.ca
Thu Jun 12 07:16:18 PDT 2003

I am trying to find out more information regarding the Jewish towns that
were numbered. For instance my Uncle was born near Eigengrund, Russia (my
mother's birthplace) but the actual village was named "the 20th".  Another
name given to me was "Uritzke".  My Uncle was born in 1938.

If anyone knows anything about these place names or where I may find some
information on them I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Ursula Bachman
Researching: Haupt, Minchau, Rose/ Schmidt, Schulz, Kop, Schlag
Areas: Poland (near Warsaw): Kiciny, Ceglow/ Volhynia: Kosjak,
Gottliebsdorf, Schtolpez/ Russia: Eigengrund, Tarsof, etc.