[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] RE: Ger-Poland-Volhynia - Town of Grojetz/HAUPT

JSchu9014 at aol.com JSchu9014 at aol.com
Sun Jun 15 21:21:56 PDT 2003

I recently received the EWZ papers for Amanda Haupt Nickel born in
Glickstal/Bubny in Volhynia and may be the sister of Pauline Haupt Nickel whose photo I
found in an old album belonging to my Aunt Herta Haupt.  Amanda's father,
Gottfried Haupt is listed as being born in GROJETZ .  I tried the JewishGen
ShtetlSeeker and got back 25 variations on spelling, but none of them were exactly
the same.  Is it possible this might be the village of "GRODZIEC" found on the
far boarder of Poland near Prussia?
Other towns near Grodziec are Zagarow, Konin and Slupca.  Was this area ever
a part of Prussia and if so, when?  Where would records dating 1845 to 1870 be
held if they are available at all?

Any help any one can give will be appreciated.

Researching:  Haupt, Mincho, Stolbe, Nickel, Rathfelder, Gungnus

Janice Schultz
jschu9014 at aol.com