[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Topcza and Juliane Arndt

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 21 14:32:54 PDT 2003

I have a variety of topographic maps for the region in which Topscha is
located but have never found one that shows the location.  I have also not
seen any reference to it undergoing a name change.

Go to http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/EART/x-ussr/M35E.html and click on #69,
Chudnov.  On the map that appears, go to vertical line 78 and down to
horizontal line 64.  Just below that is a place that looks like Cy*b**HoBka
(where the * is a letter I cannot reproduce in this email).  That village
is Sulshinowka.  Just below and to the right is CTaH*c*aBoBka.  That is
Stanislawowka.  Topscha should be located somewhere between those villages,
perhaps a little to the south.

If you do find a map that shows it, I would appreciate if you would let me
know.

At 10:03 PM 21/06/2003 +0200, Margrit Weigel wrote:
>I am looking for ancestors and descendants of my grandma Juliane Arndt.
>She was born 25.12.1904 in Kolowert/Volhynia and got married to Ewald Hilscher.
>
>Furtheron I am looking for a map on which you can find Topcza (Toptscha)
>in Volhynia. This village often appears in my genealogy and i find often
>mentioned in this database, but where is it situated. Did the name change
>perhaps?
>
>I appreciate every answer.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca