[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kolonie Rislok

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 1 11:24:36 PST 2003

Yes, I need help finding a place.

This location is fairly clearly written on a 1923 German passport as the
Wohnort (place of residence) of Gustav Fitz, born in 1907 in Ludwinow.

I have considered options like Risloh and Pislok but cannot find anything
that comes even close to that spelling or pronunciation.  I know that some
of you out there have resources that I don't have and was hoping you'd be
able to help me find it.

I have a gut feeling it might be in either Posen or Russian Poland but it
could be anywhere from Germany through to Russia.  There are 20 Ludwinow in
all of modern Poland so it is hard to narrow the research.  I would guess
that Kolonie Rislok would be somewhat close to one of them but not
necessarily so.

A scan of the passport is available for anyone that would like to check the
writing but, as I said, it seems to be fairly clearly written.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca