[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Help on Local Guides in Poland

alligoode67 at cs.com alligoode67 at cs.com
Tue Mar 4 07:01:43 PST 2003

Hi, I am new to the Jewish Genealogy experience, but by a wonderful chance I will attending a conference next year 2004 in Krakow Poland in June.  I would really like to connect with someone over there who could help me & my husband locate the village where his Mother was born (we have lots of info) and help us explore the old Jewish parts of where his Father grew up in Kremenetz, both of which are now in the Ukraine.  I know others of you have taken these kinds of trips, perhaps you might still have some tips or strategies or resources or cautionary tales, for these kinds of genealogy guides?  Also, anyone experienced how easy or difficult it is to cross borders in this area these days?

Thanks in advance
Elaine Alligood