[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fw: Eastern European Given Names

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 8 10:28:16 PST 2003

An GOOGLE search turns up at least one hit where Pensius is a
surname.  Other hits suggest either a French or Latin background though I
found nothing where it appears as a given name nor could I find any
meaning.  It seems to be used in Latin poetry, however.

One would want to be careful about misspelling it as Penius as Carol did
below.  The Latin connotation for that is probably a direction you don't
want to go in.

At 04:00 PM 07/03/2003 -0800, Rose Ingram wrote:
>Carol
>
>I am forwarding your message to the Ger-Poland-Volhynia listserv.  I am sure
>someone will be able to assist you or point you in the right direction.
>
>Rose Ingram
>SGGEE

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca