[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fw: Eastern European Given Names

AlbertMuth at aol.com AlbertMuth at aol.com
Sat Mar 8 16:03:30 PST 2003

Are we dealing with Lutherans or Jews here?  This might make a difference
in helping us determine what is going on with the name.

Penius could be an attempt to sound out a Hebrew name, more commonly
known as Pinkus

I took a brief look at the WorldConnect database at rootsweb and see both
Jews and (apparently) Lutherans.  Try:
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:2317631&
id=I509122880

Is this the family (or part of it) that Carol is referring to?

If there is a handwritten name Pensius, I would be interested in knowing
what the original record looked like.  How (in what shape) was that first
S written?