[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fw: Wegner/Preuss families

Allen Zanetti zanetti at worldnet.att.net
Fri Mar 14 07:26:16 PST 2003

Greetings
I have been an avid reader for 6 mo., a member for 2mo., and the recent
traffic with reference to CHODECZ has my interest.

My maternal grandmother, Emelia Preuss (Preis?), was born in Lanieta near
Chodecz, in 1869.One of six children of Johan and Karoline Elke Preuss. This
information came from the Wloclawek Archive.

My maternal grandfather was Kristof Albert Otto Wegner, born near Schulitz
(now Thorn) in 1864. Research from the Bydgoszcz records shows only two
children of Ludwik and Josephine (Buchman) Wegner, but I know of at least one
more.

Otto and Emelia were married in the Lutheran Church at Chodecz in 1887. I do
not know why, how, or exactly  when they emigrated to the US. Otto arrived
first around 1890, and Emelia followed some time later with three children.

If these names fit any existing registry or body of knowledge, I would
appreciate any additional or coincidental information. Thank you.     Allen
Zanetti