[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volhynia church records

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 19 23:05:12 PST 2003

At 01:47 PM 19/03/2003 -0700, Miles Ertman wrote:
>The article also states that
>these seven volumes "complement church records Wuschke has dating from 1836
>to 1879".

Howard Krushel already answered the main question in your posting.  I would
just like to point out, for others who may read this, that these records
reported in the newspaper as covering 1836 to 1879 are in fact simply the
same St. Petersburg microfilms that we not only have access to via SGGEE,
but which we have extracted and made available to the public on-line all
the way through to 1885.

As with most newspaper articles, this one contained its share of
exaggerations and did not investigate whether Mr. Wuschke was the sole
proprietor of these materials or if they were readily available elsewhere
as well.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca