[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Province of Manitoba Database Searches

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Fri Mar 28 08:14:13 PST 2003

Rose,

Very interesting.  Better than nothing, but I wonder why data is missing
for the father of children in birth records?  I checked the record for my
father, his older sister, and his older brother, and none of the entries
showed the name of the father.

In addition, one birth record showed the first name of my grandmother
Emilie as CANILIA, and one of the entries showed her maiden name as King
instead of Koenig.  King is of course the English version of Koenig.  I do
not have the original records to comment on whether the original entry is
also wrong, but it does point out that records are only as good as the
people that make them.  Too bad that Manitoba does not put the actual
records online.  Other records I have from Manitoba are also transcriptions
rather than copies of the original records.  Does anyone know if they now
send out originals rather than transcriptions?

Gary Warner
Gig Harbor, WA