[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Surnames-SCHMIDT-LIKPE-SCHALL

Lonnie Scallen ndseagirl at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 28 09:08:15 PST 2003

Does anyone know anything of these names in Germany? My family is; Daniel
SCHMIDT born 1838 near Berlin.  He was christened on 26 May, 1838 at
Evangelisch Siegen Westfalen Preussen.  He married a Wilhelmina LIPKE,
born 23 August 1840 at West Preussen..  They had 4 children...August,
Albert, William. and Amallie.  Daniel and August died of diptheria in
April 1887 and were buried in Berlin.  Wilhelmina took the rest of the
kids and went to the USA in July of 1887.  I know nothing of either of
their parents.  Daniel was a weaver and taylor in Berlin.  Wilhelmina had
brothers named Gottlieb and Charles LIPKE that settled in Minnesota in
the USA. George H.  SCHALL SR was born 6 Feb1836 in Germany.  I have no
record of his parents either.  He married Elisabeth SCHRUPP, born 9 Oct
1841 at Manubach, Germany. If anyone knows of any of these families it
would be great to hear from you.  Thank you in advance. Lonnie Scallen