[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Province of Manitoba Database Searches

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 28 12:14:34 PST 2003

As with any transcription, there are going to be errors, something we
certainly know from our own St. Pete extractions.

I don't know why you have had a problem with getting copies of
originals.  This goes back a few years now but I have always received
copies of originals, usually with the cause of death blacked out (if a
death record) with a felt pen, and stamped "For Genealogical Purposes".

As for the lack of father's name, the wording seems to imply, though not
clearly, that this is only missing from the online database, not
necessarily from the original record.

At 08:14 AM 28/03/2003 -0800, Gary Warner wrote:

>Very interesting.  Better than nothing, but I wonder why data is missing
>for the father of children in birth records?  I checked the record for my
>father, his older sister, and his older brother, and none of the entries
>showed the name of the father.
>
>In addition, one birth record showed the first name of my grandmother
>Emilie as CANILIA, and one of the entries showed her maiden name as King
>instead of Koenig.  King is of course the English version of Koenig.  I do
>not have the original records to comment on whether the original entry is
>also wrong, but it does point out that records are only as good as the
>people that make them.  Too bad that Manitoba does not put the actual
>records online.  Other records I have from Manitoba are also
>transcriptions rather than copies of the original records.  Does anyone
>know if they now send out originals rather than transcriptions?
>
>Gary Warner
>Gig Harbor, WA
>

>, one showed it as At 11:49 PM 3/27/2003, Rose Ingram wrote:
>>Province of Manitoba Database Searches now available.
>>
>>See  http://web2.gov.mb.ca/cca/vital/Query.php

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca