[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Help with words

MARTHA JACOBS msjacobs at flash.net
Mon May 5 18:55:54 PDT 2003

Thanks to all you wonderful people out there who tried to help me with the word "raffte".  I know now I should have been more definitive.  The sentence was as follows:  "Auch in deutsche dorfer kehrte der hungertod ein und raffte Tausende und Abertausende dahin."  So you have answered my question.  Also thanks for the complete explanation for the land measure called Dassjatinen.  This is from a document titled," Die Leistungen des Russlanddeutschtums"   What a tragic part of history.

Martha in Texas

Martha Jacobs
1661 Bronder Rd.
Pleasanton, TX 78064