[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] divorce

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Tue May 13 07:57:11 PDT 2003

    Although I have done data input for a small number of Lutheran marriages in Poland, relative to Al's work, he has summed up the situation fully and clearly.  As in the case below I usually assume that the first spouse probably died prior to the second marriage and that the death record has not yet been located.  Interestingly, I have also encountered some long term "common law" marriages.

John Marsch

  What I am seeing is that  the first spouse lived from 1815-1877 and the
  marriage date was Oct 22, 1833.  Then there is a second marriage date of
  April 29, 1842 for a second spouse.  That is why I am wondering about
  divorce in that time period.  Thank you
  Delores