[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] divorce; THE ANSWER

AlbertMuth at aol.com AlbertMuth at aol.com
Tue May 13 18:14:01 PDT 2003

Although you give no names, Delores, I found three couples in my file
married on 22 Oct 1833, but only one also has a marriage date 29
April 1842 that is somehow associated with it.

Johann Wutzke born 1813 Ladne.  Married Wloclawek 22 Oct 1833
Anna Karoline Dreger 1815-1877.
Married (2) Nowa Wies 28 Nov 1878 Mrs. Albertine Luise (Knoff) Dreger,
widow of Wilhelm Dreger (to whom she had gotten married at Wloclawek
on 29 April 1842).

So, Johann and Karoline (Dreger) were not divorced. They shared 55
years of marriage together (!!!)--one assumes, happily.  I am pretty sure
that this is the couple you were referring to.

At present, I do not see a connection between Anna Karoline Dreger and
Wilhelm Dreger.  It's a rather common name in Russian Poland, showing
up in several different areas.

Al Muth