[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Neu Gorka in Posen

Jerry Frank GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
Sat Nov 1 07:38:55 PST 2003

Below is a message from Achim Drefs in Germany.  Please respond to him
PERSONALLY at the email address given as he does not subscribe to our
mailing list.  The following is not a complete translation but describes
what he is looking for.  I have added some comments for clarity in square
brackets [ ] .

"I am hoping someone can help me in my search for my ancestors.  Anton
DREWS lived in Neugorka near Pudewitz [in Posen] .

This village is known today as Nowa Gorka and is located southerly from
Pudewitz / Pobiedziska.  The earliest record is for the 1793 marriage
of  Anton's son Johann, who was born about 1768, to Marianna Troelenberg in
the Evangelical [Lutheran] church in Pudewitz.  The family who spelled the
name DREFS in 1829, were free farmers living in a Hollendry.

I am looking for information about this village which I have not found on
any map nor on the Kartenmeister website.  [ I have a map that shows the
village and have sent it to Achim.]  Colonist lists or land tax lists might
help me further.  I know nothing about where the Drews / Drefs family came
from previously.

Perhaps someone else knows more about this."

>Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:58:08 -0500 (EST)
>From: MarcDrefs at aol.com
>
>Hallo Liste,
>habe mich gerade eingelockt.Vielleicht kann mir jemand bei der Suche nach
>meinen Vorfahren weiterhelfen. Anton DREWS siedelte irgendwann in
>Neugorka/Neu Gurky bei Pudewitz.
>Dieses Dorf hei_t heute Nowa Gorka und liegt bei Pudewitz/ Pobiedziska
>(s|dlich). Die erste urkundliche Erwdhnung ist 1793,als Antons Sohn
>Johann, der irgendwo im Jahre 1768 geboren wurde, Marianna Troelenberg in
>der evangelischen Kirche von Pudewitz heiratete. Die Familie, die sich ab
>1829 DREFS schreibt, lebte in dem Dorf in dem sie als freie Bauern
>(Hauldnder) tdtig waren.
>Ich suche Informationen |ber dieses Dorf, dass auf keiner Karte
>verzeichnet ist, auch nicht bei Kartenmeister. Kolonistenlisten oder
>Steuerlisten w|rden mich wahrscheinlich weiterbringen. Ich hdtte gern
>gewu_t, woher die Famile Drews/Drefs kam.
>Vielleicht wei_ jemadn etwas dar|ber.
>
>Danke, Achim Drefs

Jerry Frank - List Administrator for [Ger-Poland-Volhynia]
GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
http://www.sggee.org/listserv.html