[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Deiter (Dejter, Deter) family

Milosz Hermanowicz miloszh at libertysurf.fr
Tue Nov 11 14:35:21 PST 2003

Hello !

My name is Milosz Hermanowicz. The maiden name of my mother is Dejter.
We have a genealogical tree of the Dejter family for six generations
(counting my mother). The Dejter family was a german family who moved
to Poland at the end of the XVIII century. My great-grand-father Rudolf
spoke polish with a strong german accent. Originaly, DEJTER was written
DEITER but in the middle of XIX century, the spelling changed. So in
fact a Deiter family moved to poland from germany. Sometimes the name
is spelled Deter in american databases. One family legend claims that
those Deiter came from Alsace, now in France, but I don't know if it's
a reliable information.
So the Deiter family came to Babiak, near Kolo, Poland. They were later
connected with Dembino and Kiejsze (same region).
We know Wilhelm Arnold DEITER is born 18/10/1838 in Dembino. He married
Julia PATZER born 17/01/1842 in Kiejsze.
The parents of Julia PATZER were Gottfried PATZER, born 1807 and
Eleonora KIEN, born 1816.
The parents of Wilhelm Arnold DEITER were Michael DEITER and Anne
Rosine KAUS. I found them on the Wandering Volhynians web site as
Michael DETER and Anne Rosine KAUS. So I discovered they had another
child, Karoline DETER (DEITER), sister of Wilhelm Arnold DEITER. She
married Michael WEGNER.
I know too that son of Wilhelm Arnold DEITER, Friedrich DEJTER born
07/10/1860, married Natalia ARNDT, born 1862.

So I'm wondering if someone know anything about DEITER, PATZER, KAUS,
KIEN or ARNDT family ? Does someone know a way to found where these
family came from, enabling further genealogical researchs ?

sincerely,
Milosz HERMANOWICZ