[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] EWZ files in Berlin

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Sat Nov 29 19:20:41 PST 2003

Sorry for answering late on this ... I'm just back from a week in
Washington, devoted to exploring the EWZ files in the National Archives. In
the spring, I spent three days at the Bundesarchiv in Berlin, looking at
their EWZ material as well. And over the years, I've bought around 80 of the
EWZ films.

All of that is relevant, because I firmly believe it's a waste of time to go
to Berlin to do any EWZ work. Do all you can through the LDS library, then
get the remainder from the US National Archives -- or go to College Park to
do the research there. Far more helpful than they are in Berlin. Although, I
must admit, I like the restaurants and antiquarian book stores in Berlin....

Dave Obee