[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Handwritten Cyrillic Help

John Rauchert jfrauchert at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 25 03:44:26 PDT 2003

I have a little mystery that I need help with:

My Aunt Caroline's Name appears on a document that was used when they immigrated to North America.

One "translation" of the document said that her name was Karolina, but their Ellis Island record says that it was Catharina.

>From what I can piece together with my limited ability is that the first four letters are KARO supporting the Karolina translation but there seems to be too many letters following to just make up LINA.

I thought someone here might be able to help me out.

A scan of the name can be found here:

http://johnrauchert.brinkster.net/rauchert/scans/carolinename.jpg

John F. Rauchert (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)

RAUCHERT, HENKE, SCHLESE, RAPSCH, LITTKE