[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Request from Germany

Jerry Frank gpvlistadmin at sggee.org
Mon Sep 15 09:23:25 PDT 2003

The following was received from Germany.  If you can help, please respond
directly to Caecilia Ludeck at  caeto at t-online.de  as she does not
subscribe to this list.

---------------------------------
English translation:
During my search in the Internet for information with respect to my
ancestors I came across your address.  Right now I have a problem which
prevents my progress.  Perhaps you could give me some advice or
suggestions. Most of my ancestors came from Posen (Poznan).  From old
records I know that a certain Andreas M|ller died in 1852 and his father,
Jacob M|ller, in 1855, both in Lentsch|tz (Leczyca).  Unfortunately, the
Mormons have no books of church records among their inventory.  About the
marriage of Andreas M|ller  with a certain Luise Leopold, who came from
Wloclawek, I know only that the ceremony must have taken place
approximately in 1838, but I do not know the location where the wedding
took place.  I have the same problem with Rogasen, where I am interested,
among other things, in the baptism registrations from 1810 to 1815.

I would be very grateful, If you could give me a suggestion how I could go
on with my research or where I could find those respective church records
books.

Hoping to hear from you, I remain with cordial greetings

Original Germany query: